Tuesday 19 March 2019

SB3: Production Development

After doing the written development  for my manifesto, this is a production development which I thought would be a good way of showcasing the theme and me overall. I decided to make it small like a business card as I wanted it to be kept easily everywhere, in pockets, wallets, purses etc. as something that can be taken out quickly when in need of some motivation or to regularly see it when I open my purse to remind myself of what I have written ad if I am living the ethos that have written. Something, so small like a business card size manifesto also highlights the personal aspect of the manifesto as it's something that only I can see or, the person who has it can see and read.

I used the 330gsm Plike Orange paper from G.F Smith for the manifesto as I thought it would work consistency well with the creative report that I've created, as well as using the same main typeface (Nimbus Sans Extended Black). I also thought the colour represents me in  a way that I can be bright and active, however when I do want to focus I FOCUS. I also think orange is a very mild and conceptual colour, which I think also reflects the kind of concepts that I usually come up with for modules, sometimes I feel like I'm not even doing the right brief because my idea is too different to other people.




Thoughts & Reflections:

Although, I thought it was a good and simple way of showcasing the theme of the manifesto that I'm doing after I cut it down, it didn't actually look as good as I thought and I think maybe the size might be too small to read the fine print. Conceptually, I think it works but practically I think it's hard to read and awkward. For my final, I'm thinking of bringing it back, as to create a poster of the poem. Hopefully, it'll be more impactful and easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment