Tuesday 19 March 2019

SB3: Manifesto Final

After further deliberation, I decided to simply print my manifesto using the Plike Orange paper on A3 as the business card size manifesto on was a bit too small and too awkward to read and hold. I decided for A3 as it can be used as a poster. Although it's not as 'personal' physically because it's not close to you. It's something that you can put up in your workspace as something that yo u will keep remembering as you work away or so something else.

This is the final poem that I used for my final which is from my development. I think that this poem clearly illustrates and sums up my ethos as a designer, without it being too formal for people to read.
I also think that the poem structure will help readers feel more comfortable and relate to the poem. For me, it's also another way of reminding myself about my ethos if I find it somewhere in my bedroom, and I stay most of my time in my bedroom, I feel like reading the poem would help me concentrate back into working or motivate myself when I'm feeling bummed down.

"Go at your own pace, designing isn't a race.
  Neither is not having a style an 'Achilles heel',
  but it's a skill.  

*Talking about designer identity and self awareness, I fell that it's important to acknowledge and have that confirmation that just because were designers doesn't mean we need a style, and it doesn't mean whether you have a style or not that you are a good designer. This part for me sums up the fact that instead you should use the 'lack of style' as a way to be a more flexible and versatile designer . 

 Learn from people. 
 Observe
 Talk

*It's pretty simple, this is a way for me to motivation myself to talk more and make connections more often. I made it as simple as possible just like how conversations should be.

 When you're left with a blank stare,
 STOP
 Get some fresh air.

This is going to be a rollercoaster.
CTRL+S"

*Especially when stressed it's important to have rest, and to acknowledge the fact that yu are tired and stressed already a sign of giving yourself a break. This had also been mentioned in my creative report and how Cho would just not look at his phone or computer he'd rather go out, this way he's resting but it's also a good chance to come up with new ideas.


Thoughts & Reflection:

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my manifesto. The content itself is something I definitely would like to live up to, and by writing will make me face it earlier. Furthermore, I think whist writing this manifesto I've also realised certain themes that I'd like to work on myself and helped me point them out within the manifesto. I also like how simple it is but at the same time through it's story telling structure it becomes more enjoyable and engaging to read therefore I think it could be effective in motivating me and other people when reading the manifesto. All in all, I think it turned out good, despite its simple production.  

No comments:

Post a Comment