Saturday 16 March 2019

SB3: Presentation Development

Slide 1- title
Slide 2 - Intro hello gif (introduction) Hi, Im Brylle!
Slide 3 - to start off, i'd like to reflect back to last year when a then 2nd year student's told me and I quote "just try to stay afloat" so did i follow his advice?
Slide 4 - *drowning gif* I was barely hanging last year, especially because it was a big jump from A-levels to University I was still getting used to structure of the course as well as the city and everything else.

Slide 5 - However, I did like how we were able to experiment and try out various different processes, as first year was the "experimental year". Especially, during the last module where it was probably the only outcome I actually liked out of everything we did last year. And, it was also the module where we could do any them we wanted, therefore I enjoyed and wanted to do the best outcome for it. 

Slide 6 - *swimming gif* me this year - This year, stress level is lower - literally starting to swim out of the water. Now I think I'm used to the process that we did last year, however, honestly I still struggle to start ideas, that's why I don't give myself enough time' to do developments and truly refine final outcomes because I focus too much on getting the 'right idea'. However, I think that I am becoming more confident and have a more clear idea of which 'graphic design path' i want to go and where in the industry I want to take my designs skills to. Such as that in most of my modules the themes/concepts that I am studying has some kind of relation to music and culture. 

Slide 87*lol bye - I'm still scared of sharing what I've done to people as I always feel like what I've done is not goo enough and and because I can't verbally explain my ideas properly I lose confidence especially when I notice that I keep on going in circles when explaining my idea.

Slide 8 - *fml* - it takes me agesssss to think of ideas, so i feel like im already behind from the start and that's probs why most of my module feedback talks about time management.

Slide 9 - *reading* - be more aware of current graphic design trends and actually read not just look at pictures on instagram

slide 10 - start looking and researching into work placement that are pausible, possible in the north etc., music industry? or advertising

slide 11 - *time management* - apart from thinking of ideas quickly, I also need to actually do work rather than procrastinating

Slide 12 - Find ways to be more comfortable with talking to people and making connections. Start by frequently going to events more often perhaps, and naturally start conversations rather than do it at 'scheduled events' where it feels forced.

 Slide 13 - *job* realistically freelancing right after uni is not what i want to do, and gaining experience from a work setting environment and learn how the industry work from there i feel would be more beneficial for me in order to widen my knowledge about the industry. Maybe after then I may venture freelancing or do it as a side rather than full time.

Slide 14 - *zen and focused* Hopefully by next year I'll be able to be more focused and prepared if I achieve what I i'm aiming to do this summer.

Slide 15 - *kds* Also im hoping to do more personal commissions and work, starting from a society that I'm part of (revamping their logo and helping them with t shirt design fro their merch).

Slide 16 - Hopefully, my determination to start 3rd year, confident and ready will help me actually stay afloat next year and finish my studies without any regrets about what I have done during my three years of studying in this uni.


No comments:

Post a Comment