Tuesday 5 March 2019

SB3: Presentation Workshop

WHY BUBBLE TEA IS THE SUPERIOR DRINK THIS SUMMER


Today's Workshop

Today were to create a 1 slide presentation about any topic we want and present it the class for 1 min.

I picked the topic about bubble tea as it's something that's  becoming increasingly popular in the UK and it's a good way to introduce people to it if they're unfamiliar or never heard of the drink before.

WHAT IS BUBBLE TEA?

Originating from Taiwan, it is a tea-based drink with milk and various different toppings. Toppings can range from fruit jellies and grass jellies AND TAPIOCA (BOBA) PEARLS. 

Pros of Bubble Tea
  • It has unique flavours with different levels of depth to it, from the smooth cool milk tea flavour to the chewy tapioca balls that sit at the bottom of the drink perfect for breaking the typical ice drink texture. Also, tapioca is made from cassava root so technically it's healthy!
  • Tea is an antioxidant has less caffeine and helps with weight loss. 
  • The flavours are endless - taro, lychee, matcha, honeydew, jasmine, red bean. And, because you can choose your own topping, yOU CAN PRACTICALLY MAKE ANYTHING YOU WANT. 
  • Not only are the flavours different but the types are different too! you can get FRUIT TEAS OR MAKE IT HOT OR COLD. 


Thoughts & Reflections:

The workshop was really fun and it turned out to be really interesting how everyone presented, as most people did it about food or animals which I guess were the easiest choices as we are able to relate it to ourselves making it easy to start off the presentation. I did practice what I was going to say but in the actual presentation I think I spoke a bit faster as I was a bit nervous so I have a bit of time left which I could've used sufficiently. However, other than that I think I did okay as I didn't have any cue cards to aid me other than the visual aid on the slide. For the actual presentation I want to thoroughly practice it so I don't rush too much and actually know what I want to say by memory at least so I come in confident enough to present; also perhaps give the presentation a dynamic aspect such as props, gifs or music to keep it exciting and fun for the audiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment