Tuesday 23 October 2018

Designer Speed Dating

The speed dating activity was actually more fun and interesting that I thought it would be. I got to talk to people in the course that I never really talked to before and had really nice conversation with them; even though some kind didn't finish quite properly. 

I talked to people in the course which had similar or the same worries and thoughts that I had which made me in a way kind of relieved as I thought I would be the only one in the course who had that thought, e.g. not knowing which direction to go or not having a certain consistent style of working that would differentiate me from everyone else. I feel like after talking for a bit I realised that not everyone has found their own style yet and that we were all going in different paces and at the same time made me realise that it's okay that maybe I haven't found my own style yet and that just like everyone else I'm still also trying to find mine.

From the talks that I had with various course mates I also got some really good recommendations on design orientated shows and designers on social media that I can follow and look further into their work in. I was recommended the series on Netflix called 'Abstract' which I have heard of before but never really had time to watch and a design page on Instagram (@openfoundry), which I thought was really nice because I also have some interest in typography. 

I think the questions on the paper also helped a bit as it guided us to what kind of topics to talks bout first then go in a tangent form then because sometimes we didn't really follow the questions anymore but rather started asking other questions relating to what we found out from that person. In a way it was a really nice activity to know a bit more about my course mates and I think in future group projects I'll be able to work with them more confidently and comfortably if ever we were in a group together as I kind of found out a bit more about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment