Friday 9 February 2018

Self Branding Presentation

On Thursday morning we had our self-branding presentation where we had to present to 15 or so other people form the course.

As for my presentation, I think that I think better than I imagined while being up at the front presenting because as I saw other people's presentations they all seemed to start it off with themselves contrary to what I did which I thought i did wrong, however thinking back as it I think i did the right decision because it gave me a good opportunity to go straight to my references and what I'm interested in and what I want to do and where I want to go then going to my own ideas of how I can brand myself in the are that I want to work in. However, when I was up, i felt that I started to speak quite fast therefore not saying some bits which I practiced and could've helped my presentation.

Also, for feedback people said they liked how the presentation flowed from start to finish and having a variety of pictures, gif and audio to keep an energetic phase to the presentation which also reflects the area that I wan to be a part of so in a way I think I also presented my character through my use of humorous gifs and pictures. People also said they liked how I have my own niche that I can work in and something that I know very well, as well as giving artist references and explaining specific parts of artist designs that I like and how I could incorporate it in my own brand and style. Although, people also said that the downside of my presentation was the cramp information said during the storyboard slides and was suggested that maybe could've collaged it instead. And, it's something that I completely agree about because the thing I didn't like about my presentation was my storyboarding because I ran out of time in creating designs therefore I was forced to create storyboards instead to at least give some visuals to my ideas.

Also, while taking notes of how people presented themselves and their ideas I really liked how some people really found their own unique selling point such as using satire and their own humour to brand themselves and how some actually reached out to people in the industry for advice which I thought was really brave and a good way of already kind putting yourself out there. Some people also create designs which I thought really solidify their concepts and ways of branding which made their presentation really effective. I think next time, I relay ned to have a better time management and actually have some designs that strengthen my presentation as well because that was something that I felt really regretful about despite the mainly positive feedback I got.

contact sheet of final presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment