Monday 20 November 2017

Logo Design Ideas

Following what me and my group decided to do for the logo designs, I created some logo design ideas and picked a final design which I could pitch to the group.

I decided to do this design as I tried to create a minimal structure yet which a motif to it (circles on the edges), this also creates a pattern which goes with the style of them logo we were trying to make. I used red and yellow as they re harmonious colours that work well together and are also very bright and fun, relating to the quirky element to the logo.

I tried to convey the 'Overlay' them on this design however I think it's a bit too basic and plain. 

For this design I tried to play with the scale of the squares a bit. It can represent different films and the different mediums or genre the films may have; e.g. documentary.



I quite like this design because of how simple and clean the overlay is between the two shapes and how the two colours complement each other quite well, however I have only used the circle which doesn't really follow the rule that we made. 

I liked this idea the best and will be the idea that I'll pitch to my group. I like this idea due to the usage of different sized squares overlaid with each other and the circle with creates an abstract logotype/logo. I used red and orange for this logo as they compliment each other quite well and are bright, however if it's taken further it may also be other combinations of other colours or colours schemes to match the them of the festival more and could go well in a series. Also, the squares are laid out in order to spell the letters O,V,L which can be an abbreviation for 'OVerLay'.

No comments:

Post a Comment