Friday 17 May 2019

WYS Studio Talk

Today, WYS Studio gave us a brief talk about their practice all the work that they've done after graduating from university and their residency in the uni.

They've worked with SCRT Magazine which expanded their interest in fashion design and communication, as well as more commercial clients such as BDFG which also broadened their client base and ways of dealing and working with certain different clients which have different needs and wants.



Most importantly, they also talked about their residency in the uni which helped them to massively build up portfolio. They  ere also able to use the uni facilities which helped them with maintenance and costs, as well as getting advice fro  tutors and talking to current Graphic Design students with the uni.

In the future, they hope to have a permanent studio space as well as develop a more fashion based clients, art direction and campaigns. In addition, after staring to get commercial clients they hope to expand their commercial client network predominantly in Yorkshire, but also to produce more self initiated work in develop their practice even more.

The studio also gave us a brief that we cant participate in.

SOCIAL WHISPERS

- interpret an image in our own way.
-24 hours
-in any medium.

Thoughts & Reflections:

The talk was really chill and informative which was really nice. They were also very relatable as they were the closest to the kind of reality I will probably have in the future when I graduated myself. IN addition, I also want to get involved with their project as I thought it's a nice way for me to start thinking about briefs that I want to do in my extended practice next year. Also, it's quick and something I can experiment with too.

No comments:

Post a Comment