Saturday 14 October 2017

PP4 - Group Presentations (3 Picks)

From our group presentations I've picked three groups which I really liked.

The first group I liked was the group that wrote the Haiku on pieces of board.

                

  • I liked how simple the concept was and having different people write and hold it up can represent different opinions and views around the Haiku itself.
  • The muffled noise with the black and white video created a nice atmosphere and made the video more engaging and effective as made it seem more sentimental. Also the fact that it's shot in portrait mode captures the feeling of being trapped and puts the focus on the people and the board.
  • It could be improved however by maybe paling the video slower so all the words on the Haiku can be read as I had difficulty reading after the ..."human race" line.
The second group I liked was the group the made the scrapbook Haiku idea.

  • For this group I like how there's a narrative going on, much like a story that the audience can follow and relate to.
  • The images and pictures makes the scrapbook more lively and interesting to look at rather than just having the typography there. 
  • I also liked the layout of the scrapbook and how not everything is all together and it's balanced.
  • Though this could be improved by maybe muting the sound as it doesn't really relate to the Haiku and gets a bit distracting. Also maybe frame it closer so the book is the only thing that can be seen and is the focus of the whole thing.
The third group I like was animation with beer and spiders.


  • I really liked the production of the animation despite the limited time we had.
  • It's also very interactive and keeps the audience interested as it's witty and includes little props and materials that makes the story more vibrant and fun.
  • I also enjoyed the close ups for certain frames, showing a more dynamic and detailed view of a prop of line from a  Haiku; it also makes the animation seem more alive.
  • However, maybe they could've put the whole lines of the Haiku in the animation in order to keep the Haiku sense in the animation. 






No comments:

Post a Comment