Saturday 21 October 2017

Loving Vincent

21:55 14.10.17
It was in Screen 13, Row H and Seat 23

The agenda that night was Loving Vincent.
Vincent Van Gogh.
I didn't really know much about Van Gogh
I  knew he painted 'Starry Night'
and he was a "misunderstood genius"
with amazing and captivating paintings
and that's it really
In the film there was a brief
flashback to his childhood years,
his brother Theo
his doctor
his paint supplier
his self mutilation
him going to the asylum
him going to th-
I'll stop here I might spoil the film.

It was entirely done in oil painting
and set the mood of the film perfectly
But, while watching the film
I've become engrossed into his life
and his tragic story;
his passion and dedication to his
art is incomparable, even through
the scrutiny, mockery and misunderstandings that he was facing
He was happy when he was painting,
Art was more important to him than himself.

It was a movie
that truly left a deep impression in me
I was left in my chair in awe
listening to Starry, Starry Night
while the credits roll
it was already 23:35 but,
"the sadness will last forever".

No comments:

Post a Comment