Tuesday 4 December 2018

Level 6 Presentations

Today the Level 6's came in to talk about their Creative Reports from last year and I've gotten some really good tips and information from them such as:


  • Try to be really friendly, enthusiastic and formal at the same time (especially in emails) - This was really helpful and because I've messaged the artists that I'd like to ask already, I did do all of these in my email which I was relieved and happy about, because sometimes when I was writing my emails I felt like I was being too formal but at the same time I didn't want to be cheesy and seem desperate either. I think to even get a proper reply from them was a real achievement for me. 
  • Do thorough and proper research on your artists - Really important especially when you're meeting up with you artists in person; get to know them really well in order to ask new questions and not just questions that they already answer before or you know the answer to already. 
  • Try to always link the design elements to your creative report to you artists - Having this connection will have a better and stronger conceptual design to it.
  • If you have connections, use them! - They said if you know someones that you'd like to get in contact with already it's best to approach them as they're most likely to say yes and also you'd be more comfortable with them and be more natural plus ask more questions! 
Thoughts & Reflection 

Overall, the Level 6 talk was really good and for me more of just a confirmation that I did things correctly while contacting my artists as I have already contacted them prior to the presentation. It was also really good to see their work and see their own practice through their presentation and them talking about their experiences in level 5 like 'not having a style', which I'm also worried about, but hearing someone who was in the same shoes of me say that made m e relieved that I'm not the only one struggling about it which was nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment