Thursday 8 November 2018

SB1: Creative Report Artists

For the crit that we will be having later today, I'm going to drop down artists which I like and could somehow influence me in a way.

June Digan

Graphic Designer and Illustrator who mainly does hand drawn lettering and illustrations using watercolours and paints. I used to use water colours and illustrate all the time and she was one of the artists that I looked up to for references and typographical influences. Maybe researching more and possibly talking to her will help me get back on my drawing flow at the same time get to know more of her work and other work expect form the ones that I see on her feed.

Eric Hu

Eric Hu is on of the designers who I've currently been starting to be interested in. I actually found out about him through Ben when Ben talked to me last year about my own personal style and the work that I have been doing since last year. Ben mentioned how I tend to lean more towards Eastern designs and culture in general e.g. when I did Kpop Design for my PPP presentation and I did Korean Hiphop for my micro-genre module in the Studio Brief. And, he suggested that maybe I should start looking more towards eastern graphic design and how it may differ from western graphic design.

Eric Hu is a designer and creative consultant based in New York and Montreal. Hu mostly works in fashion and music and has established a distinct stylistic use of big image making paired with high impact typography.

SSENSE 

Eric on Rebranding - "rebrands have become a spectacle'
"audiences are more visually literate..."
"the higher the design deviated the higher the likelihood of it being interpreted to fix something and if the audiences sees that you're trying to fix something, it draws the conclusion that something was broken..."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ShfgTVXJ8

No comments:

Post a Comment